Please find provided two important updates from Round Tower GAA Club in relation to Covid19:
- Covid19 eLearning Module to be complete by all ALL participants & supporters
- Return to Activity Changes
Covid19 eLearning Module to be complete by ALL participants & supporters
We wish to draw particular attention to the eLearning module which need to be completed by anyone entering Club facilities for training sessions/games, especially all Covid Supervisors/Club Officers, Players/Parents or Guardians of Underage Players, and Team Personnel. It takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and can be accessed at any time via any PC, mobile or tablet device. Those who pass a simple quiz will be able to generate a Certificate of completion which they can print or take a screengrab of to show to Covid Supervisors to show you are compliant for the team / teams you are involved with before their initial return. The Club is appointing Covid Supervisors for every team.
Return to Activity Changes
The following changes to the return to activity guidelines are being made after recommendations from this morning’s Covid-19 Advisory Committee. These changes were subsequently endorsed by the GAA, the Camogie Association and the LGFA.
- Open pitches for Adult training next Wednesday, June 24th.
- Open for Minor and below from Saturday, June 27th
- Both of the above on a non-contact basis and on the understanding that players and all participants have completed the eLearning module and are following the control measures in place (health questionnaire etc)
- On the basis of a maximum of 15 players in a designated area of the field (26 Counties) and 10 players in a designated area of the field (6 Counties).
- Coaching numbers for underage teams to be consistent with Code of Behaviour.
From June 29th:
- Allow contact training and challenge games for all from Monday, June 29th (26 Counties).
- We await guidance from the NI Executive in relation to 6 Counties – non-contact training in the numbers outlined above in the interim.
- We also await clarification on what will constitute a close contact versus a casual contact.
- Restriction on participants-only attending training sessions to be relaxed from June 29th – subject to government specified maximum of 200 people in the ground.
- Allow Club Fixtures from Friday July 17th.
- No change to inter-county dates (Sept 14th for training; competitions to start on Oct 17th as planned).
- All control measures for players, coaches and other team personnel (completion of health questionnaire, eLearning education etc) is to remain in place until advised otherwise; dressing rooms to remain closed until July 20th
- The Advisory Committee is considering the position in relation to other GAA buildings (such as Club bars that are serving food, Gyms, Handball alleys etc). Guidance will be provided in this context before June 29th.
Please note, Juvenile and Adult Games Officers are currently working on training schedules and venues for all teams and we will communicate further in this regard.
All Members & Supporters must adhere to the GAA Covid19 guidelines. We remind of Covid-19 Guidelines on Safe Return to Gaelic Games issued last week, which provided essential advice on preparing for a safe return and measures and responsibilities upon players, coaches and supporters. Note the roadmap is changing as per Covid19 developments.
Round Tower Executive